Last week's devotion explored a battle between Judah and Israel, at a time when King Jeroboam led the people of Israel away from God's ways.
Even though Judah was outnumbered, King Abijah didn't back down. The enemy had him surrounded from the front and back. But with God on His side, he marched boldly into war.
God defeated Jeroboam when Judah raised their battle shout. (Click here if you didn't get a chance to read last week's lesson.)
Sometimes I can get so blindsided by the unexpected that I forget to cry out for God's help. By having key verses from God's Word in my mind and heart, I can be ready when challenges happen.
Let's develop a battle shout arsenal filled with powerful proclamations today. I've shared a few here to get us started.
Below are 5 Scriptures we can call out when we feel surrounded, just like Abijah. These words represent different times in the Bible when men faced insurmountable odds. The words held power then, and they still do today.
1. "But as for us, the Lord is our God, and we have not forsaken Him." 2 Chronicles 13:10 ESV
(Spoken by the king of Judah in the battle against King Jeroboam.)
2. "Help us, O Lord, our God, for we rely on you..." 2 Chronicles 14:11
(Spoken by Asa, king of Judah, in war against Ethiopia.)
3. "Do not be afraid...for the battle is not yours but God's." 2 Chronicles 20:15
(Spoken by Jahaziel, son of Zechariah, when Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir came against Judah.)
4. "Believe in the Lord your God, and you will be established; believe his prophets, and you will succeed." 2 Chronicles 20:20
(Spoken to the people of Judah by King Jehoshaphat before going to battle against Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir.)
5. "Shout, for the Lord has given you this city." Joshua 6:16
(Spoken by Joshua at the battle of Jericho, before the walls came down.)
Do you have any other power-packed verses you like to call out when facing challenges in your own life? I'd love to hear about them. Feel free to share your favorites in the comments below.